Vacuum Technology for Non-Technicians
- Historical development of vacuum technology
- What is a vacuum and how can it be explained?
- How to generate a vacuum?
- Why do we need a vacuum?
- Some vacuum technology basics
- What do we need to build a vacuum system
- How do vacuum pumps and vacuum gauges work?
Oriented overview on the vacuum technology with the aim to show the complex relationship in simple terms.
Participants with little or no knowledge in the field of vacuum technology / engineering, for exam- ple, newcomers, commercial office staff, administrative staff, secretary, etc.
For a better understanding different tests are carried out: Implosion, pressure, gas volume, sound transmission in a vacuum, weight test in a vacuum, various leak rates,...
Most of the tests are performed by the participants themselves.
Concluding the seminar, the demonstration of „chocolate marshmallow in a vacuum“ takes place.